Experienced Legal Representation for the Injured & Disabled
According to information published by the United States Bureau of Labor Statistics (BLS), over 100,000 workplace injuries and illnesses were reported in Illinois in 2020 alone. A workplace accident can cause serious disruption to an employee and their loved ones, potentially keeping an injured worker off the job for weeks, months, or even longer. Workers’ compensation insurance provides much needed protection. If you or your loved one was hurt on the job in Illinois, we can help you recover the maximum available workers’ comp benefits.
Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. was built on the foundation of representing workers injured on the job. He knows that injured workers have many concerns; who will pay my medical bills, how will I support myself and my family while I’m missing work, am I being treated fairly by my employer and the insurance company. Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C.’s job is to level the playing field. He will fight aggressively to protect your rights to the fullest extent provided by law. Call him today for a free, no obligation consultation.
4 Steps -- If You Are Injured At Work in Illinois
Were you hurt on the job? If so, here are 4 important steps that you need to take to protect your health, safety & legal rights:
- Report the Accident to Your Supervisor: Under Illinois state regulations, injured workers have a responsibility to report the incident to their employer as soon as possible. Do not wait to report the accident. Please be sure to formally report your injury/illness to your supervisor within 45 days of the accident. If you fail to notify your employer, your claim may be denied.
- Get Immediate Medical Attention: Severe injuries always require emergency medical care. Nothing should come before a worker’s health and well-being. Beyond that, all work injuries should be evaluated by a reliable physician. You can only recover workers’ comp benefits if you have seen a doctor and attended your follow-up appointments.
- Document Injuries & Expenses: Ideally, your workers’ comp claim will be processed and paid out in full without much difficulty. Unfortunately, the process can sometimes be challenging. Always take the time to carefully document your injuries and expenses. If your claim is denied or if a dispute arises, these records will be useful.
- File a Workers’ Compensation Claim: Notifying your employer of an accident is not the same thing as filing a claim. In Illinois, the initial workers’ comp form is called an Application for Adjustment of Claim. If you have any questions about completing or submitting this form, then contact Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. and he can help.
Workers’ Compensation Claim Denied?
For a number of different reasons, workers’ compensation claims may be denied, delayed, or underpaid. If you received a letter indicating that your claim for benefits was denied, it is imperative that you call an experienced Illinois work injury attorney as soon as possible. You will need to request a hearing before an arbitrator with the Illinois Workers’ Compensation Commission. During this initial appeal hearing, both parties are given an opportunity to make their side of the case. Injured workers should be represented by an experienced attorney.
Why Choose Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C.?
Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. has represented virtually every type of worker, no matter what occupation. He has represented construction workers, factory workers, retail employees, medical professionals such as nurses, teachers, truck drivers & etc. He takes on cases that other lawyers often refuse, such as injuries resulting from repetitive trauma or overuse. We handle cases anywhere in the State of Illinois, no case is too big or too small. He has never had, and never will, represent insurance companies. When he represents you, Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. is guided by the principles that are the core of his practice:
- Every client is entitled to personal attention. Osvaldo listens and get to know you and your case
- Each client is treated with respect, compassion & dignity
- Each client is fully advised of their rights, so they can make informed decisions based on their unique situation
- Aggressively advocate on your behalf, making sure you receive each and every benefit you are entitled to
Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. has a proven history of results that has earned him a reputation as one of the leading attorneys in the State of Illinois on behalf of injured workers. He can guide you through every step of the claims process so that you can get the benefits you need to pay your bills as soon as possible. If your claim is delayed, he can work to make sure you get the medical care you need in the meantime. In the event that your workers’ compensation claim is denied, he will represent you through every step of your appeal.
Maximize Your Workers’ Comp Settlement
Another time it is especially important to consult with a lawyer is when you are offered a settlement from the workers’ compensation insurance company. If you are permanently disabled or if you lost a loved one in a workplace accident, disability benefits or death benefits can continue for a long time. In many cases, the insurance company will offer you a lump sum settlement in lieu of receiving continual monthly payments.
While getting a significant amount of money up front may seem immediately preferable, you never want to accept a settlement without first having an experienced workers’ compensation attorney review the settlement offer. In many cases, the offer will be less than you truly deserve in light of all of your future medical needs and lost income. If you accept a settlement offer that is inadequate, you will lose the right to ever collect benefits in relation to this particular injury, disability, or death in the future. For this reason, it is imperative to have a knowledgeable lawyer review the offer to determine whether it is enough to fit your needs.
Osvaldo Rodriguez, P.C. understands the complex workers’ compensation system and laws in Illinois and we can help you get the benefits you need and deserve. In addition, all our cases are taken on a contingency fee basis, so you never have to pay upfront legal fees. To set up a free, completely confidential claim evaluation, please contact us today.